Read to Write
- Where were the real figures for the league tables?
- There were too many people in the room for one lesson.
- Most students believe that their writing is better than other students' writing.
- Having entered the classroom, he immediately opened the windows.
- They changed their marking to meet Mr Peter's expectations.
- Even the most intellectual of listeners will be confused by Mr Jones' lectures.
- The two students' bags have been taken.
- The English teacher stated, "This work is very characteristic of this student."
- This I read in a textbook: 'Peter Berger combines many aspects of sociology and, as a recent source stated, "He is one of the greats."'
- I need to practise my grammar.
- You're going to be late to the class.
- It's his essay; it's the best one we've seen.
- Because he had skipped so much homework, his mother wrung his neck.
- I could have revised much better.
- To write with precision it is necessary to have thought logically first.
- The dog ate my homework; it was its dinner.